Salesianum Review

• October 20Welcome to the Salesianum Review

Filed under Features, News, Showcase

Introducing Mrs. Walsh

Salesianum Welcomes its Newest Member of the Advancement Team

Back to Article
Back to Article

Introducing Mrs. Walsh

Mrs. Walsh joins the Salesianum Advancement team as the Director of Parent Engagement

I had the pleasure of interviewing one of our new staff members here at Salesianum, Mrs. Alex Walsh. While Mrs. Walsh currently upholds the title of being the Director of Parent Giving, her past is filled with many interesting stories and experiences that led her to be where she is today.

Originally from Rehoboth, Mrs. Walsh has resided in Wilmington, Delaware for over forty-years; naturally, it has become a town in which she loves greatly. Before acquiring her job at Salesianum, she attended college at the University of Miami, where she majored in broadcasting. With this degree, she eventually landed herself a job working for NBC News and VH1 in New York. While stationed in Washington D.C. for NBC News, Mrs. Walsh experienced one of our nation’s biggest tragedy first-hand, during which the September 11th terrorist attacks had occurred. As a result of all the stress she faced from this tragedy and work, she finally realized it was time to get out of TV news. After the decision to leave this field, she took up jobs that entailed event planning and working for nonprofit organizations, which eventually led her to Salesianum.

Now the Director of Parent Giving, she is finding her new position enjoyable and is currently fundraising and working on a project called The 1903 Society. The strong sense of community and leadership currently upheld by our two very strong leaders, Father Beretta and Mr. Kennealy, is the inspiration for growing adults that makes it her favorite aspect of being apart of our Salesian community thus far.

• Introducing Mrs. Walsh

Features

Salesianum Rugby Team Conquers the Ruggerfest

• Introducing Mrs. Walsh

Features

Salesianum Rocks the House With Production of The Who’s: Tommy

• Introducing Mrs. Walsh

Features

2019 Science Olympiad – The Science Behind Victory

• Introducing Mrs. Walsh

Editorial

Captain Marvel – Really So “Marvel”-ous?

• Introducing Mrs. Walsh

Editorial

The LEGO Movie Review

• Introducing Mrs. Walsh

Features

Discussing Who Has a Shot at Rookie of the Year in the NBA

• Introducing Mrs. Walsh

Features

Peanut Butter Club Gets “Nutty” About the Holidays

• Introducing Mrs. Walsh

Features

Abessinio Stadium to Replace Baynard

• Introducing Mrs. Walsh

Features

Sallies Basketball is Back

• Introducing Mrs. Walsh

Features

Don’t Leave Elf on the Shelf this Holiday Season: A Retrospective on the Christmas Classic

The Student News Site of Salesianum School
Introducing Mrs. Walsh