Congratulations to a True Salesian

Coach Bill Dinardo earned his 300th career victory Saturday over St. Georges Tech

Shane Olexa, Sports Editor

Salesianum’s Varsity football team defeated St. Georges Tech 16-14 this past Saturday. As impressive as that is, a true Salesian needs to be recognized and that is Mr. Bill Dinardo. Coach Dinardo earned his 300th victory as a head coach. He earned 150 of those wins at Salesianum and Salesianum has won four state championships during his tenure. 

Coach Dinardo’s impressive resume also includes coaching Caravel in the 86-87 season and leading Middletown to three state championships in a span of 16 seasons. He is now just the second head coach in Delaware to reach the historic milestone of 300 career victories. He now leads a Salesianum team that hopes to live up to its coach’s expectations. 

Coach Dinardo’s presence can be felt whenever a student enters Salesianum.  Dinardo is a true Salesian gentleman. He embodies the definition of a Salesian. 

“I have been incredibly blessed to be able to do something I love for 37 years. This is a tribute to all the guys who have played for me and battled for me at Caravel, Middletown, and of course, Salesianum. Their heart, their dedication, their performances created this magic number.” 

Salesianum will take on Hodgson Vo-Tech this Friday at Abessinio Stadium. Coach Dinardo now leads a 2-1 Salesianum squad that looks to take down a Hodgson Vo-Tech squad that is 1-3. It will be a big night for Coach Dinardo and a big night for both teams. It’ll be interesting to see who comes out on top.