Red Hot

John Link, Journalist

Salesianum Ice Hockey stayed red hot as they jumped to a 17-1 regular season record defeating Downingtown West High School on Friday night at Ice Line Quad Rinks in West Chester. Salesianum opened up the scoring early in the first period with Christopher Albert sneaking one past the goaltender just 5 minutes into the first period. Salesianum continued to dominate the first period with Matthew Belopede burying the puck in the back of the net to make it 2-0 sals. Late in the first period, Christopher Albert and Liam Bell teamed up to deflect a shot and score a power-play goal with 26 seconds left. One minute into the second period, Salesianum  stayed aggressive and found the back of the net, making it 4-0. Downingtown replied with two quick goals in rapid succession. Salesianum quickly scored the 5th goal on the night,  bringing the score to 5-2. To cap off the rocky second period, Downingtown found the back of the net, making the score at the end of the second 5-3. The game ended with a relatively quiet third period, with Sallies finding the back of the net three times, two of which were empty net, short-handed goals. Salesianum Ice Hockey will be take on Roman Catholic, Avon Grove, and Cardinal O’Hara to conclude its regular season.