Halloween Costume Contest and Character Day

Patrick Boyle ‘21, Staff Writer

On Halloween, we continued our tradition by holding the annual costume contest. Students, teachers, and faculty were allowed to dress up in costumes to compete for prizes such as school store gift cards and house points. Judging took place before school from 7:40-8:05. Students competed in five different categories, including: most original, funniest, movie character, scariest, and group. The winners were; funniest-Jason Clausing as inflatable car guy, original- Max Classen as a classic Bauerian, Character- Michael Wiciak as Aladdin, and scariest- Luke Biddle as the infected zombie.

In the group category, first place went to the 80’s Boy Band – Aiden O’Neill, Braedon Carney, Quinn Murphy, Jake Collins. The runners up were the Stereotypical Dads – Ryan Sentman, Ted Chesson, Evan Callaghan, Conner Bolinski, Connor Callahan, Joe Fassano, and Kyle McKeowon. In addition to these winners, there were many other crazy costumes, such as a teletubby, giant snowman (Mr. Talley), and many other foods. Congratulations to all of the winners and everyone else who participated in the event! The overall winning house was Quintus, earning a total of 31 house points.

In addition to Halloween, on Wednesday, November 8, we had a Character dress up day, to celebrate spirit week. Students, faculty and staff were allowed to come to school dressed as their favorite character from any movie, book, tv show, or play. We had so many amazing costumes such as Marty McFly from Back to the Future, Sherlock Holmes, Rocky, and many more. Thank you to everyone who participated!